What if I don’t have grease trap?
If your Food Service Establishment (FSE) discharges fats, oils and greases and does not have a grease trap eventually maintenance problems will occur with clogged sewer lines in the facility or backup situations in the wastewater collection lines in your service area.

If you establishment is found to be the cause of such problems within the sewer service area based on the City of Mt. Juliet Grease Control Program and City of Mt. Juliet Sewer Use Rules and Regulations , your establishment may be charged for any cost recovery associated with the maintenance and repair for any issues associated with the grease discharges.

To prevent this City of Mt. Juliet will require all FSEs to install some type of grease control device. This could be an in-ground outside trap or an approved under-the-counter unit(s).

Show All Answers

1. What is a grease interceptor/grease trap?
2. Why is grease a problem?
3. Do I need a grease trap?
4. Is the grease trap I have adequate?
5. What if I don’t have grease trap?
6. How can I become compliant?
7. What are the criteria for maintenance and securing my grease trap?
8. Who is responsible for inspecting my grease trap?
9. What if my grease trap is found to be noncompliant by City of Mt. Juliet inspector?
10. What is escalated enforcement?
11. What documentation must I maintain and for how long must it be maintained?